tamayo | Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba
Tamayo (珠たま世よ Tamayo?) is a skilled doctor and a close ally of Tanjiro Kamado. Muzan Kibutsuji turned her into a demon.
Tamayo is a beautiful woman with long, dark brown hair, parted in the center and braided back into a large, low bun, held in place by a floral bobby pin. She has large, soft eyes that have no pupils, only a lavender haze that fades to dark purple the higher you go, and bright red lips that contrast with her pale complexion.
Tamayo wears a medium-length dark purple furisode kimono, decorated with wavy pale purple tree branches and red flowers, and a cream-colored taiko musubi obi to secure it around her waist, along with plain white socks and sandals purple zōri.
Previously in her past, Tamayo wore her hair tied in a low ponytail and had stilted pupils.
Tamayo is a gentle, wise, and incredibly intelligent person. Having dedicated most of her life to researching the science behind Demons and Demon Transformation, she was one of the most knowledgeable people on the subject on the show. Despite the generally chaotic relationship between humanity and Demons, she showed great kindness towards humans. She has made it her mission to help injured or sick people with her extensive medical knowledge, including Tanjiro Kamado. Tamayo had a strong preference for violence, instead of killing humans for their blood, she chose to buy blood from willing donors to survive. She was adamant in teaching her assistant, Yushiro, against violence and often chided him for his habit of hitting others. She was one of the few demons who, in her last life as a demon, was able to regain and retain her human emotions to some extent.
However, despite his usual kind, caring, and considerate disposition and personality, Tamayo showed a more cruel and vicious personality when confronting Muzan. We saw it when she happily boasted in front of him that she had succeeded in creating a drug transforming humans and injecting it into him. Later, when she was devoured and eaten, reduced to mere cells in her body, Tamayo once again showed her cruel side by revealing the real effects of her drugs. Muzan hinted that this vicious personality was Tamayo’s original personality in his early years as a Demon. Over time, she grew into the wise and caring woman she is today.
Despite this, as seen in flashbacks to hundreds of years before Muzan’s encounter and fight with Yoriichi Tsugikuni, Tamayo had a more docile personality, likely because she understood that it was impossible to defeat Muzan. with his power to avenge his family. However, that changed when she witnessed Yoriichi’s strength and came close to killing Muzan. Yoriichi noted that he saw a ray of hope in her once impassive eyes when she realized he almost killed her former master, showing that upon seeing Yoriichi’s power, Tamayo’s determination to avenge her family was rekindled.
Although very few of Tamayo’s abilities are visible, the fact that she was Muzan Kibutsuji’s personal aide even before the formation of the Twelve Kizuki and that he spared her after she tried to kill him ( which he considers anathema) means that she is both very old and very powerful.
Medical Skills : Tamayo has shown impressive skills in the fields of medicine and pharmaceuticals, possessing the ability to modify his own body so that he can survive on a small amount of human blood. She was also able to turn the terminally ill Yushiro into a Demon without Muzan’s blood, then reverse the process when she healed the man they met during the Asakusa Arc. . To showcase his pharmaceutical skills, Tamayo was also able to help Shinobu Kocho saturate his body with the deadly wisteria poison without it causing him any illness; a tactic the Hashira would later use effectively against the higher rank two Doma.
- Anti-Blood Demon Coagulant : Tamayo created this medicine to prevent the progression of the Blood Demon Art of a Demon. Yushiro used this drug to cure Zenitsu Agatsuma after his fight against Kaigaku.
- Anti-Kibutsuji Drug : It was later revealed that by teaming up with Yushiro and Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, Tamayo managed to create a powerful four-stage drug that could severely weaken Muzan Kibutsuji. Once administered to the latter, its effects would be powerful enough to injure him significantly despite his immense resistances and physical abilities. The first stage of the drug consisted of the same human conversion stage as the drug administered to Nezuko Kamado.
blood demon art
- Supernatural Blood : Tamayo’s primary ability is to draw his blood and cast various spells that produce varying effects on his targets.
Blood Bewitchment (惑わく血ち Wakuchi?): Tamayo has created a branch of blood techniques, which requires him to draw his own blood which then creates many effects/reactions from his intended targets using the scent of blood .
- Illusionary Bloodscent, Visual Dream (視し覚かく夢む幻げんの香こう Shikaku Mugen no Kō?) – A hallucination that impairs the vision of those affected by creating beautiful floral patterns around them.
- Magical Aroma of Daylight (白はく日じつの魔ま香こう Hakujitsu no Makō?) – Acts like a truth serum, causing decreased brain function and causing the recipient to confess their lies and not keep his secrets. It can be harmful to humans.
Flesh Seed (肉にくの種しゅ子し Niku no Shushi?) – This is a technique that belongs to the man who was turned into a demon in Asakusa by Muzan. Using this man’s flesh and blood, Tamayo uses multiple tiny seeds of flesh that surround his target. The seeds then burst and grow into gigantic trees of flesh with numerous sharp/thorny branches that pierce and bind its target. The strength of this technique was enough to stop Muzan, even if only momentarily.
- Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Tamayo, and Yushiro vs. Susamaru and Yahaba
Infinity Castle Arc
- Demon Slayers vs Muzan Kibutsuji: Part 1
- Tamayo’s name contains the kanji for “pearl” and “world”.
- Tamayo was ranked 18th in the first character popularity poll, with 138 votes.
- His Japanese actress, Maaya Sakamoto, is married to Japanese Obanai actor Kenichi Suzumura.
- Tamayo is at least 500 years old, as she was shown thriving around the same time as Yoriichi Tsugikuni and was turned into a demon some time before.
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “You still use…the term ‘person’…to even refer to a transformed demon. And you try to save him. Allow me, then, to lend you a hand. »
- (To Muzan Kibutsuji) “Today…is…the day…when you…fall…into…hell…”
- (To Muzan Kibutsuji) “The drug…that I used…turns you into a human…and…I’m not telling you. Why don’t you try to use all those useless neurons you have now? »
- (To Muzan Kibutsuji) “Good, good. Seems like the death you hated for so long is now before your eyes. »
- (To Muzan Kibutsuji) “I don’t need to be stronger than you to kill you. I can just make you weaker. Just like you’ll do whatever it takes to stay alive, I… No, we’ll do whatever it takes to kill you. »