Nezuko Kamado | Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba
Nezuko Kamado is the deuteragonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. She is a demon and the younger sister of Tanjiro Kamado and one of the two remaining members of the Kamado family. Once human, she was attacked and turned into a demon by Muzan Kibutsuji.
My dear brother ! I am really sorry. I’m sorry for not understanding for so long. I put it all on your shoulders. Why do you always have to suffer? Why do kind people who struggle every day get trampled on all the time? ”Nezuko Kamado to Tanjiro Kamado in “Let’s Go Home”
Nezuko is a short, light-skinned girl with prominent, visibly large fangs, sharp, pointed fingernails that are a pale pink base color and a reddish-pink color at the end where they point. Her hair is long, black and wavy. They come just below the waist and take on a fiery orange color when they go past the elbows. They appear to be curled into wide straight crests and are worn to the side, drastically to the left. She has soft, pale pink eyes, lighter in color at the edge of the iris, slanting downwards to the sides of her face and framed by long eyelashes, the pupils of which may appear slit when she transforms. In the manga, Nezuko can sometimes be depicted with more than one bow. According to Tanjiro Kamado,
She wears a light pink kimono with an asanoha (hemp leaf) pattern, the lining being a paler pink, secured by a red and white checkered obi hanhaba with orange threaded obijime and green obiage. Over it, she sports a long dark brown haori that reaches to her calves, as well as a pair of pink strappy zōri and white tabi socks, wrapped in thick pieces of black kyahan-like cloth. Nezuko also wears a small pink ribbon on the left side of her head to keep her hair out of her face, as well as the bamboo muzzle Giyu Tomioka gave her, which is secured around her jaw with a strip of red cloth.
When Nezuko transforms into her awakened form during her fight with Daki, she has a taller, taller, and curvier body and has longer hair that reaches down to her feet. She loses her bamboo muzzle and shoes, as well as the sleeves of her haori and kimono. She sports a short white horn on the right side of her forehead, with a pattern of irregular cracks, as well as veins on her forehead near her horn. Veins appear around his left eye, but his most striking new feature is the red and green vine pattern that covers his skin, surrounding his arms, legs, and chest.
As a human, she had a very similar appearance, the only differences being the lack of demonic features, vermilion hair, and pale pink eyes. Instead, Nezuko had all-black hair, worn tied back in three low buns, decorated with pink ribbons, and dark red eyes that only appeared pale pink around their lower irises. She wore the same kimono, but without her haori and with a white Onbuhimo cloth tied around her, which she used to carry her little brother, Rokuta Kamado, on her back.
Nezuko’s original personality as a human was that of a kind and caring girl who thought of others before herself, much like her older brother, Tanjiro. Additionally, she was a responsible big sister for her younger siblings and often put their needs ahead of her own. Nezuko isn’t afraid to put herself in harm’s way, however, protecting her friends from demons even after being turned back to human form. Nezuko’s human and laid-back demeanor is also shown to confirm this fact after Tanjiro apologizes to her.
As Nezuko starts out like any other demon, thirsty for blood and human flesh, after seeing her brother’s desire to save her from being killed by a demon slayer despite her demon status, she completely changes. and becomes fiercely protective of him. Unlike most demons who remember their human lives perfectly well, Nezuko seems to have forgotten a fair amount of her memories as a human, aside from those related to her family, and therefore does not retain the exact personality that she does. she had before the transformation, acting more like a child. She is always very caring and protective of humans whom she considers to be members of her family, though this was mostly due to the influence Sakonji Urokodaki had on her while she was asleep for two years. Nezuko also retains some of her human emotions, as she has been seen crying when sad and smiling when happy, but in general she seems more detached than her fellow humans, despite being much more calm and less malevolent than most demons. Nezuko also tends to see the image of her siblings in other humans, such as Rokuta Kamado in Yushiro. although she is much calmer and less malevolent than most demons. Nezuko also tends to see the image of her siblings in other humans, such as Rokuta Kamado in Yushiro. although she is much calmer and less malevolent than most demons. Nezuko also tends to see the image of her siblings in other humans, such as Rokuta Kamado in Yushiro.
Since becoming a demon, Nezuko seems to have become rather cheeky, and doesn’t seem to fear fighting; she fiercely protects her brother as well as his allies. She has also developed a strong will, which manifests in her refusal to consume human flesh or blood, even when extreme injury or exposure to human blood occurs, such as when she refuses Sanemi Shinazugawa after he has attempted to lure her into biting him with her Marechi blood. Her strong will remains even when she is no longer a demon, as shown when she willingly jumps in front of Inosuke to protect him from her own brother, who had become a demon and was trying to kill those around him. Although she could have been killed, Nezuko didn’t hesitate to protect her brother.
The few times Nezuko attempts to speak, she has been seen to stutter a lot, which may be due to her bamboo mouthpiece, which is rarely removed, and the fact that she didn’t speak for several years after her transformation. . However, after developing a resistance to sunlight, which allows her to get out and interact with others more often, her speech has shown signs of improvement and she is able to fully utter words if someone speaks. another has just uttered them, or hears them repeated quite often.
Tamayo later revealed that her missing memories and underdeveloped personality were due to her not being fully conscious, as she prioritized developing her resistance to the sun over recovering her sanity. awareness.
General Abilities: Although she is not a member of the Twelve Kizuki, Nezuko is a very powerful demon. Her most defining feature is her extraordinary growth rate, likely due to the large amount of blood she received from Muzan Kibutsuji when he turned Nezuko into a demon, and the fact that she doesn’t need to consume humans to stay alive. This was shown through numerous battles throughout the series where she was able to defeat her enemies despite being overwhelmed by them at first. She has shown that she can defeat her enemies by increasing her own physical abilities, enhancing her regeneration, or developing her own Blood Demon Art in difficult situations.
Despite being a young demon, Nezuko has shown great skill and skill in battle, overpowering the Temple Demon or Swamp Demons. Nezuko’s accelerated growth also seems to mirror Tanjiro’s incredible rate of growth, as she can take on the members of the Twelve Kizuki and higher ranked demons within months. However, the feature that sets her apart from all other demons is the fact that she has the ability to conquer the sun, which caused the Demon King to call her the “Chosen Demon”.
Abnormal Demon PhysiologyAs the “Chosen Demon”, Nezuko possesses several unique demonic characteristics that set her apart from all other demons. Notably, Nezuko can continuously restore her power without consuming humans like any other demon would. Instead, she recovers her strength solely through sleep, though she must spend a considerable amount of time sleeping to recover and regain her power. Additionally, Nezuko has an extraordinary growth rate, as shown by the many times she grows stronger without training or consuming humans. This ability triggers even in the middle of a battle and with huge power boosts. This is perfectly illustrated during his fight against Susamaru where his foot was blown off by the Temari Demon’s bullet attack, but after regenerating,
- Awakened form:Nezuko has the ability to enter a state of madness where she takes on a more demonic appearance, transforming into an adult version of herself with vine-like tattoos surrounding her body, a single horn protruding from the right side from his forehead. This awakened form greatly enhances Nezuko’s physical abilities and increases her level of regeneration to match that of higher ranks. When she first awakened this ability during her fight against Daki, she became frantic in battle, lost her usual resistance to human blood, and the only way to return to normal was to ask Tanjiro to remove him. sing a lullaby. During the Demon Slayer’s fight against Hantengu, Nezuko manages to control this form at will,
- Sunlight Resistance: During their fight against the upper rank four, Hantengu, Nezuko developed immunity to sunlight, a feat impossible for demons even by the Demon King himself. Thanks to this immunity to sunlight, she is able to walk and move in broad daylight without being reduced to ashes, which prompted Muzan to change his goals to hunt and absorb her in order to conquer the sun for her. -same.
Immense Regeneration: As a demon, Nezuko has enhanced regeneration abilities that allow her to heal in the blink of an eye. When she became a demon, her regeneration was relatively slow compared to other demons, taking some time to heal slash wounds. However, once awakened, her regenerative ability evolved to the caliber of higher ranks, allowing her to reconnect her entire torso and body parts as well as regrow her arms and legs instantly. Daki noticed that Nezuko’s regeneration then exceeded his own.
Tremendous strength:Nezuko possesses naturally heightened physical strength as a demon. Even early in the series, when she became a demon, she was strong enough to decapitate another demon with one kick. Nezuko also punched the Swamp Demon so hard that he spat blood, and even crushed the demon with powerful punches and kicks. Having no combat experience, Nezuko relies on her brute strength, using her legs as her primary weapon to deliver quick and powerful kicks. Nezuko has also shown that she can increase her strength when fighting in difficult situations, such as strengthening her legs to return Susamaru’s balloons despite them ripping off her legs before. In his waking state,
Size Alteration: When transformed into a demon, Nezuko displayed the basic ability to change and alter the size and height of her body. She was able to shrink down to the size of a small child in order to fit into a small box or basket to hide from the sunlight when traveling in the daytime with Tanjiro and could expand up to to achieve a much larger form, so that he can fight demons.
Blood Control: In addition to her Blood Demon Art, Nezuko has shown immense blood control in her awakened form. When her limbs and head were severed and she was about to be hacked to pieces by Daki, Nezuko managed to control her severed limbs and head by instantly congealing and solidifying the blood leaking from them before it could escape. is breaking. Thanks to this, she was able to command her limbs to grab and stop Daki’s belts, and, even though it was done with floating and severed limbs connected by blood, she was able to do it with such force. that the belts have been stopped dead. She was then able to reassemble all of her limbs through these blood flows, allowing her body to regenerate.
blood demon art
Pyrokinesis:Nezuko’s Blood Demon Art allows her to generate and manipulate special demonic flames created from her blood, which are pink in color. Nezuko can do this by igniting her blood or creating it from the air. Its flames have a special property that makes them only harmful to demons and objects of demonic origin, while completely harmless to humans and other objects. This was shown when his fire was able to burn away Rui’s sons, Enmu’s Dream Spell and Genya Shinazugawa which had consumed demons, but was unable to affect Tanjiro and the Mugen Train. Her flames have also been noted to hinder demon regeneration to some extent, as shown by Daki who is temporarily unable to regenerate after being burned by her flames.
Nezuko has shown to be very skilled in using her Blood Demon Art, from setting demons on fire to increase the power of her attacks, to burning Gyutaro’s poison to save Inosuke and Tengen. Uzui from Death or turning Tanjiro’s Nichirin Sword bright red, giving him a much-needed edge against the Hantengu clones.
Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Nezuko’s fighting style primarily relies on the use of her powerful legs and sharp nails. She was quite good at fighting higher rank demons in the Twelve Kizuki, and many demons before that. She doesn’t use her Blood Demon Art as often, as using too much blood could put her to sleep.
- Explosive Blood: Nezuko can ignite the blood that is released from her body, turning it into crimson-pink flames harmful to demons.
- Heel Kick: Nezuko somersaults into the air and, with the momentum of her leap, swings an ax downward. The ax blow itself is powerful enough to cause a small crater in the terrain.
- Mad Scratching: Nezuko unleashes a rampage of overlapping slashes with her fingernails covered in the crimson-pink flames of her Blood Demon Art until she finishes with a larger X-shaped slash with both of her arms.
- Flying Kick: Nezuko leaps into the air and quickly dashes towards her enemy. When she approaches her opponent, she performs a backward somersault using momentum to kick her opponent in the air.
- Nails of Fury: Nezuko delivers a powerful uppercut leaving trails of pink flame behind her.
Final Selection Arc:
- Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado vs. Giyu Tomioka
- Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado vs Temple Demon
Kidnapper’s Whirlwind Arc:
- Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado vs Swamp Demon
- Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Tamayo, and Yushiro vs. Susamaru and Yahaba
Arch of Mount Natagumo:
- Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado vs. Rui
Infinity Train Arc:
- Demon Slayers vs. Enmu
Entertainment District Arc:
- Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado vs. Daki
Swordsman’s Village Arc:
- Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Genya Shinazugawa and Mitsuri Kanroji vs Hantengu
Sunrise Countdown Arc:
- Tanjiro Kamado vs. Demon Slayers
- The first kanji in Nezuko’s name means “red bean” and is also part of the Japanese word for a flower, the Japanese snowball. While the second kanji is a common feminine suffix, which translates to “child” (子こ ko?). The first kanji of his surname refers to a traditional Japanese wood- or coal-fired stove, while the second kanji means “door” (門ど do?).
- The fact that his surname translates to the word for a wood-fired stove is likely a reference to his family’s occupation before their disappearance.
- The first part of her Japanese acting name, Akari Kito, means “Demon”.
- Nezuko and Kito are also the same height, 1m80.
- Nezuko’s rankings in popularity polls are as follows:
- Nezuko placed 3rd in the first popularity poll with 3,319 votes.
- Nezuko got 11th place in the second popularity poll with 5,000 votes.
- The reason Nezuko’s hair isn’t tied back now that she’s a demon is because Tanjiro isn’t very good at doing it for her and she can’t do it herself now. The accessory she has on her front is the only piece Tanjiro can do well for her, and since Nezuko doesn’t take it off, it stays put.
- Nezuko is very happy when her hair is braided like Mitsuri Kanroji’s. Tanjiro is shown trying to braid them for her after chapter 105.
- Nezuko still dreams of her family. Zenitsu and Inosuke, along with others who have been kind to her, will also make appearances.
- Before becoming a demon, Takeo once asked Nezuko who her ideal man was. She responded by saying “My ideal man is like a tower! referring to a shogi piece that can move any number of squares horizontally or vertically.
- This may be a foreshadowing of Nezuko’s marriage to Zenitsu, since like a tower, he can travel great distances in a single move.
- Nezuko is good at rock, paper, scissors. When she and her brother have to decide something and they can’t agree, they play rock, paper, scissors, and she always wins.
- Nezuko’s favorite food is konpeitō, Japanese colored sugar candies shaped like small orbs with small bulges all around.
- In Kimetsu Academy, Nezuko is a girl known for biting off baguettes/French bread and holding them in her mouth, referring to her bamboo muzzle.
- (To herself) “Humans must be protected and saved…I will never harm them. »
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “Stop apologizing, Tanjiro. Why do you always say you’re sorry? Is it because we were poor? Did you feel unworthy because you were wearing a tattered kimono? Is that why you always try to take the blame? That’s how things were when dad died. We tried as hard as we could, but it didn’t work. It’s nobody’s fault. Things don’t go exactly as we would like. We are only human. It’s up to you to decide where your happiness comes from. What is important is the present. Let’s look to the future. Let’s do our bestーtogether! »
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “My dear brother! I am really sorry. I’m sorry for not understanding for so long. I put it all on your shoulders. Why do you always have to suffer? Why do kind people who struggle every day get trampled over and over again? It’s frustrating but don’t give up! It’s almost over so don’t turn into a demon. Let’s go home. Let’s go home together.”