Information about Inosuke Hashibira
Inosuke Hashibira is one of the main protagonists of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and, along with Zenitsu Agatsuma, a traveling companion of Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado. He is also a demon slayer in the Demon Slayer Corps.
Don’t cry even if you have regrets! No matter how pathetic or humiliated you feel, you have to keep living!Inosuke Hashibira to Tanjiro Kamado and Zenitsu Agatsuma in Kimetsu no Yaiba: The Movie – The Infinity Train.
Inosuke is a young man of average height, with a pale complexion and an extremely toned and muscular build for his age, possessing large, well-defined muscles, especially in his stomach and arms. In contrast to this, he has an incredibly pretty and feminine face, with large, wide eyes framed by long eyelashes, the iris of which is dark to pale green, thin eyebrows, and what could be a nicely small mouth. high. Her thick black hair barely goes past her shoulders, turning blue at the ends and forming an unruly, uneven fringe that falls just above her eyes, billowing out before curving and thinning towards her forehead.
Inosuke wears his modified version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform, which consists only of baggy hakama pants, dyed a dark gray blue, which he ties around his hips with a thick, fluffy brown deer fur belt. . The usual cloth leggings are replaced with what appear to be bearskin socks that go up to his knees and expose his heels and toes, which also appears to be what secures the sandals he wears to his feet . His most distinctive feature is the gray, hollow boar’s head he wears to hide his own, whose eyes he tampered with so he could see when he wears it, and which was revealed to belong to his deceased. foster boar mother.
Inosuke is an extremely short-tempered and prideful young man who likes to think he is the strongest fighter in any given situation, constantly challenging the people he meets and wanting others to respect and praise him for his skills. This often leads to him putting himself in unnecessary danger, as he tends to overestimate his abilities compared to the person he is fighting and refuses to accept defeat, as seen when Giyu Tomioka has to tie him up after his fights against Father Spider Demon to prevent him from challenging the Hashira to a fight while still badly injured from his previous battle. This constant desire to be the best can also make Inosuke very defiant, as he often tries to goad others, including Tanjiro Kamado, into fighting against him,
Inosuke possesses a rather resentful side to his personality, especially when the people he cares about are hurt. He refused to help the injured mechanic who stabbed Tanjiro and was convinced he was right to let him die, only helping him when Tanjiro begged him to and forgave the man. He immediately attacked Doma when he learned that he had killed and devoured Shinobu and he became truly enraged when he found out that Doma was also the one who orphaned him, challenging the Upper Moon all by himself and stating that he was going to create hell for him. He notably challenged Muzan directly and demanded that he redeem himself by dying for maiming and nearly killing all the other Demon Slayers.
Due to being raised by boars, Inosuke has also been shown to possess little understanding of normal human interaction, at least at the time of his debut, as he frequently seems to assume that the people who approach want to attack him and does not seem to understand the kindness others show him. He cannot read or write, and has trouble pronouncing people’s names correctly, saying Monchiro instead of Tanjiro, or Monitsu instead of Zenitsu. He can be very rude, without meaning to, and treat everyone as an enemy at first.
However, as the story progresses, Inosuke is increasingly influenced by Tanjiro’s methods and grows accustomed to affection and generosity, learning to recognize the strength of others and developing feelings of friendship towards he and Zenitsu Agatsuma, though he retains his prideful nature and constant desire to be praised. He also begins to think more strategically when engaging in combat, using smarter tactics he’s learned from more experienced Demon Slayers and not rushing into fights without thinking. Inosuke’s sense of camaraderie improves drastically, as evidenced by him throwing himself at Muzan Kibutsuji,
General Abilities: Inosuke is a very skilled and talented swordsman, as he was able to learn total concentration breathing on his own and develop his own style of breathing, known as beast breathing, based on his own instincts and upbringing in the mountains among wild boars, and he passed the final selection to become a demon slayer, all without formal training. Inosuke is more than capable of hunting and killing demons on his own, as he easily killed the Horned Demon without any trouble. He has repeatedly shown that he is capable of defending himself and contributing to battles against the higher rank demons of the Twelve Kizuki, including higher rank 6 Gyutaro and Daki, as well as higher rank 2 Doma, much more. strong. He is also incredibly talented, possessing inhuman senses and superhuman flexibility, as well as a natural aptitude for combat. Most impressively, Inosuke was able to fend off the Demon King, Muzan, along with his comrades, and he has the same fighting skills as Hashira, the strongest swordsman of all Demon Slayers.
Imitation Animals : Growing up with boars in the mountains, Inosuke adopted their habits and began incorporating them into his fighting styles. As a result, his hand-to-hand combat style and sword style are very reminiscent of animals and beasts. Tanjiro Kamado noted that his unnatural fighting style resembles that of a “four-legged beast” due to how his attacks come from an extremely low angle while being very fierce and using other moves unorthodox, which makes him very unpredictable and vicious.
Enhanced Flexibility : Inosuke is extremely flexible to the point of being able to lean back to the point of having his head between his feet. He then shows the ability to dislocate his arm to extend his reach and dislocate any joint in his body at will. This flexibility also extends to his internal organs, as he was able to move his heart and avoid being pierced through during the fight against Daki and Gyutaro.
Enhanced Strength : As his incredibly toned muscles and physique suggest, Inosuke possesses superhuman physical strength, able to wield two katanas instead of just one, and even swing them at incredible speeds. He was able to cut out Enmu’s body parts that had engulfed one of the train cabins. During Hashira’s Training Arc, he even managed to move a boulder nearly twice his size with his bare hands. He was able to damage Doma’s neck and throw his swords with such force that the force of the impact was enough to drive Kanao’s sword through his neck.
Enhanced Touch : After growing up in the mountains, Inosuke developed a keen and incredibly sensitive sense of touch. His skin can even feel the small vibrations of the air. Inosuke incorporated this ability into his Spatial Awareness technique, where he uses his keen sense of touch to locate all the demons scattered across a giant mountain and then uses it to sense the location of the Spider Demon (Father). With this ability, he can tell if someone is watching him, especially if they have hostile intentions. Her sensitive skin also gives her an edge against Doma, as her sense of touch naturally prevents her from inhaling her dangerous ice powder.
Extrasensory Perception : Inosuke’s senses are so heightened that he possesses a form of extrasensory perception that allows him to detect things outside of the normal range of perception. Inosuke can sense the seriousness of his opponents, such as when he felt Daki’s sash attacks loosen up a bit, which gave him an opening to attack and how strong Akaza and Kyojuro Rengoku were. He was also able to sense a person’s malice and intent to kill even if they are out of his line of sight, which prevented him from being killed by Gyutaro’s scythe attack. Inosuke was also able to sense that Daki’s obi contained living people, preventing him from accidentally injuring them during a fight.
Immense speed and reflexes: Inosuke is an incredibly fast individual, as seen when he dashed through the Tsuzumi Mansion at incredible speed and managed to dodge the Horned Demon’s attacks just in time, demonstrating his skills. reflexes and movement speed. A few months later, his speed and reflexes improved even further, to the point that he was able to fend off Daki’s sentient Obi sash while protecting the humans trapped within it, and then managed to compete against the Higher Rank itself. With help from Zenitsu and Tanjiro, Inosuke was able to approach Daki and behead her before she could react. As further evidence of his superhuman speed, Inosuke can hold his own against Doma, the second-highest rank, with varying degrees of success, occasionally managing to land a few blows and steal Kanao’s katana without Doma noticing, despite the sword lying next to him. Even though he was exhausted and injured, Inosuke could still match Muzan and later the demon Tanjiro in speed.
Immense resistance and endurance: Due to his hard training as a Demon Slayer, Insouke acquired great stamina and resilience, which he displayed on multiple occasions. Inosuke, along with Zenitsu, were able to stand up to an awakened Daki and held out long enough to cut off her head despite sustaining multiple injuries. Additionally, Inosuke played a vital role in defeating the High Rank despite being stabbed in the chest and poisoned to death. Later, Inosuke impressively resisted the second strongest higher rank demon and endured countless attacks from it. During his fight against Muzan, he suffered a multitude of minor and serious injuries, but he still persevered in order to defeat the Demon King and later fend off the demon Tanjiro.
Indomitable Will : Inosuke possesses an incredible and unwavering will and spirit, never faltering and remaining steadfast and brave in the face of any enemy, to the point of putting himself in danger. His willpower was shown during his fight against second-tier Doma, where, despite suffering dozens of wounds, he refused to give up and continued to fight the demon despite his overwhelming power. Even in the face of the Demon King, Inosuke remained steadfast and never gave up.
Poison Resistance : Inosuke was able to resist and survive the poison effect of Upper Rank 6 to some degree, though it was considered incredibly deadly, suggesting he may have full immunity to certain toxic substances. However, as stated by Aoi Kanzaki, this also means that none of Shinobu Kocho’s medicine will work on him, so if he is exposed to a stronger poison than Gyutaro’s or a poison he has no not developed resistance, they cannot be used as a remedy and he will be in greater danger of death.
Repetitive action : Technique practiced by a few members of the Corps, it allows a person to achieve the same effects as total concentration breathing by repeating predefined movements or remembering intense feelings to open the five senses and increase concentration, by appealing to the physical powers of the body for a long time. It is possible to use the repetitive action and total concentration breath simultaneously, granting the user immense strength capable of rivaling higher rank demons. Inosuke quickly mastered this technique after watching Tanjiro and likes to repeat “Boar Rush!” while doing so.
Master Swordsman: Inosuke has shown exemplary skill in wielding his Nichirin katanas, which has allowed him to face and defeat demons on various occasions, and even match up against members of the Twelve Kizuki. As the Infinity Castle Arc approaches, Inosuke has undeniably honed his swordsmanship to the level of a Hashira, allowing him to track and take on the higher rank two Doma.
Beast Breath: A style of breathing distantly derived from Wind Breathing and the personal creation of Inosuke Hashibira himself after living in the mountains and fighting to survive. He also seems to draw inspiration from the wild boars he grew up with.
- First Fang: Pierce – The user stabs their target’s neck with both blades.
- Second Fang: Slice – The user delivers a double stab with two X-shaped blades.
- Third Fang: Devour – The user launches simultaneous horizontal blows towards their target’s throat to decapitate them.
- Fourth Fang: Slices and Dice – The user lands multiple diagonal double strikes with both sabers.
- Fifth Fang: Crazy Slashes – The user slices everything in all directions while in the air.
- Sixth Fang: Palisade Bite – The user slashes the saber simultaneously in both directions in a sawing motion.
- Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness – The user uses their sense of touch to identify enemy locations and weaknesses by sensing small disturbances in the air. This technique was so strong that Inosuke Hashibira could sense all the demons spread over an entire mountain.
- Eighth Fang: Explosive Rush – The user dashes towards their opponent at blinding speed, swinging both sabers.
- Ninth Fang: Bendy Slash Extension – The user dislocates their arm joints to increase the range of their attack, then unleashes a quick forward strike.
- Tenth Fang: Whirling Fangs – The user quickly spins their saber in a circular motion, deflecting enemy attacks such as projectiles.
- Sudden Throwing Strike – The user throws both of their blades in a spinning motion at an enemy.
Dual Nichirin Katana : Unlike most Demon Slayers, Inosuke wields two Nichirin katanas. They are chipped with numerous nicks in the edge of the blade, allowing the swords to rip and tear demonic flesh, rather than making a clean slice, which he prefers. Its double blades are indigo in color. Unlike his fellow Demon Slayers, Inosuke does not have a hilt or scabbard for his sword, instead using bandages to enhance his grip. Also, his blades don’t have any words engraved on them.
Tsuzumi Mansion Arc:
- Inosuke Hashibira vs Horned Demon
- Tanjiro Kamado vs Inosuke Hashibira
Arch of Mount Natagumo:
- Tanjiro Kamado and Inosuke Hashibira vs Spider Demon (Mother)
- Tanjiro Kamado and Inosuke Hashibira vs Spider Demon (Father)
Infinity Train Arc:
- Demon Slayers vs Enmu
Arc Entertainment District:
- Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira vs Daki
Infinity Castle Arc:
- Kanao Tsuyuri and Inosuke Hashibira vs Doma
Arc Sunrise Countdown:
- Demon Slayers vs. Muzan Kibutsuji: Part 2
- Tanjiro Kamado vs. Demon Slayers
- Inosuke’s surname contains the kanji for “beak, beak” (嘴 hashi?) and “wide, flat” (平 bira?), and his given name contains the Man’yōgana for kana “I” (伊 i? ), and the Man’yōgana for kana “no” (之 no?) and the regular kanji for “assistance, help” (助 suke?).
- The “ino” in his first name sounds like the first part of the Japanese word for “boar” (猪 inoshishi?). This is further proven by the kanji of her courtesan name Inoko (猪いの子こ Inoko?).
- Inosuke’s rankings in popularity polls are as follows:
- Inosuke ranked 5th in the first popularity poll with 1,977 votes.
- Inosuke placed 6th in the second popularity poll with 8,750 votes.
- Inosuke doesn’t remember others’ names and usually only manages to do so once in seven (pointing to Tanjiro as Gonpachiro (権ごん八ぱち郎ろう Gonpachirō?), Kentaro (健けん太た郎ろう Kentarō?) , Monjiro (紋もん治じ郎ろう Monjirō?), Santaro (三さん太た郎ろう Santarō?), Soichiro (惣そう一いち朗ろう Sōichirō?), etc.), designating Zenitsu as (んん逸いつ Mon’itsu?), Chuitsu (チュウ逸いつ Chu’itsu?), etc.) and Nezuko as Pyonko (ピョン子こ Pyonko?) in her Infinity Train dream.
- Later in the series, however, Inosuke managed to correctly pronounce the names of his closest friends; in the Infinity Castle arc, he was able to call Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Kanao, and Shinobu by their correct names, never failing.
- Inosuke’s unmasked face was accidentally revealed in a Jump GIGA 4-koma before he was unmasked in the real Weekly Shonen Jump magazine publication. Koyoharu Gotoge later apologized for this in the publication of the volume.
- Inosuke’s two voice actors, Yoshisugu Matsuoka and Bryce Papenbrook, also share the role of Kirito in Sword Art Online.
- Inosuke seems to enjoy eating tempura, as seen when resting at the Wisteria Mansion and using it as motivation during training.
- His swords are different from those of other Demon Slayers, as he carves them himself to give them serrated edges.
- Inosuke used boars, bears, and wolves as references when creating Beast’s Breath.
- He is hated by the uniform makers and swordsmen (Kozo Kanamori) of the Demon Slayer Corps because he always tears the upper part of his uniform and chips the swords the swordsmen gave him with a stone , also before their eyes.
- In a 4-koma spoof from Weekly Shonen Jump, Inosuke plays taiko drums in the group “Chic-N-Scruffy Democracy”, with the other members being Zenitsu (shamisen), Tanjiro (vocals) and Tengen (harmonica). “Melancholy of Explosive Sound Skin and Modern Sense of Smell” is their debut single, which would have made anyone who heard it dizzy and nauseous.
- Inosuke is deaf, as is Tanjiro.
- Inosuke enjoyed a strong platonic relationship with Nezuko. The latter was always nice to him, never yelled at him for being unconventional, and never made fun of him when he explained his reasons for doing the things he did. Because of this, Inosuke respects and treats Nezuko like a mother figure and reports everything that happens to her to her.
- Whenever Nezuko visited Kanao and Aoi once a month, Inosuke was with her. Zenitsu hated Inosuke at that time for this.
- Although Aoi didn’t smile much, Inosuke was able to make her laugh often by doing unexpected things.
- Inosuke’s crow mostly stays hidden. That’s because he nearly ate his crow on 18 separate occasions.
- Inosuke’s stomach clock is extremely accurate, to the point that it doesn’t even go off by a second.
- During Inosuke’s meeting with Murata at Mount Natagumo, he promised to punch the latter when they meet again. Although he couldn’t keep his promise as he was hurt and depressed by the time of their next meeting, he was able to kick Murata in the face and later taunt him after they met at Castle. Infinite.
- Although he was successful in his act of playful violence against Murata, his actions sparked a certain resolve in Kanao. She decided to punish Inosuke by spanking him, which made Murata jump with joy. Inosuke couldn’t stop Kanao as she was normally a calm and quiet person.
- In Kimetsu Academy, Inosuke is a television subject because he was raised by boars. He lives with Hisa, his adoptive parent, and exclusively brings him bento boxes at school. He wears no shoes and wears short-sleeved shirts all year round.
- (First words on screen) “Better be careful!” Because, ready or not, here I come! »
- (To Tanjiro Kamado and Zenitsu Agatsuma) “Don’t cry even if you have regrets! No matter how pathetic or humiliated you feel, you have to keep living! »
- (A Doma) “The fate that brings us together is truly a miracle. After all, the demon that killed…my mother and my friend…is right in front of me! You have my gratitude for making me remember. Cutting off your head won’t be enough! ! I will send you to hell! ! »
- (A Doma) “If hell doesn’t exist, I will create it for you!” !! Enough of your bullshit! !! Don’t say my mother was unhappy, you bastard! ! »
- (To Muzan Kibutsuji) “You really did it now! And I’m not going to get up for that! They protected us! The old guy with the beads lost his leg! And the guy with the half and half haori lost his arm! All the bodies lying here belonged to comrades with whom I shared my meals! Give them back! Their leg and arm! Their life ! All ! Give them back! If you can’t do that… Then you’ll pay for it with a million deaths! »
- (To himself about his friends) “We’re comrades…and like brothers so if someone starts to get out of the way, we all stop them. No matter if it’s hard or painful, we are walking the right path. »