You are mistaken, Tanjiro . I only despise the weak. I only spit on the weak. Yes. The weak make me sick. It is the law of nature that they are eliminated.Akaza to Tanjiro Kamado in Clashing
Akaza (猗あ窩か座ざAkaza ?) is a major antagonist in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a demon affiliated with the Twelve Kizuki, occupying the top rank three (上じょう弦げんの参さん Jōgen no San?).
Over a century ago, Akaza was a human named Hakuji (狛はく治じ Hakuji?) before being turned into a demon personally by Muzan Kibutsuji .
As a demon, Akaza took the form of a tall, muscular young man with skin so fair that he appears white tinged with bright green, adorned with a pattern of thick blue lines, which resemble tattoos. of criminals he had as a human. akazahad short, bright pink hair that fell around her head, and yellow, inward-facing eyes with pink eyelashes and blue sclera that looked like cracked glass, the kanji for “High Rank Three” engraved in their irises. The lines of her face curved through each of her eyes, from below her ears to above her temples, another blue line running from the center of her hairline to the edge of her his nose, with two more lines around his neck, three more branching from the bottom line towards his torso.
The center line ran straight down his chest to halfway down his belly, and the other two branched off to the sides on either side of his chest to join the other two lines, this same three-line pattern also repeating. around her waist. On his arms, there were lines that went down the front of his shoulders and joined two other lines, which went around his biceps, before continuing down to his wrists, under which you could see that each of his fingers was also dark blue with an orange nail, his toes also sharing this unusual appearance.
He wore few clothes, only a short, sleeveless dark pink-purple haori, cut at the waist, left open to expose his chest, which was decorated with a square pattern on his back. Underneath, he wore baggy white pants that he rolled up to his knee, with a blue rope belt to tie him up at the waist. Akaza prefers to be barefoot, but wears a chain of large round beads around each of her ankles.
When he was human, as Hakuji, he had the same hair, but black rather than pink, and pale blue eyes with unusually colored pink eyelashes. He was also very muscular as a human, and on each of his forearms he had three black criminal tattoos. He also wore a dark blue-grey yukata.
Akaza is a strong, stubborn and impulsive demon who likes to fight, especially against powerful demon slayers. He despises anyone he deems weak, but sincerely respects those who are strong in his eyes, regardless of race. As soon as he met someone he considered strong, he demanded to know their name and didn’t stop until he found out; he remembers all the names he memorized as a tribute to their strength.
Akaza had a deep-seated psychological need to get stronger, and didn’t get along with his higher-ranking companions because he saw them as his rivals. He is particularly antagonistic towards the two Higher Ranks above him, Doma and Kokushibo, and even seems jealous of the latter, lashing out at Doma and vowing to kill Kokushibo. Even after being beaten and beheaded during his fight against Tanjiro Kamado and Giyu Tomioka, he was stubborn and kept fighting without knowing why he wanted more power.
As a human, Hakuji possessed the same stubborn personality with a big heart and resilience. He valued others more than his own well-being and hated himself for having a life “full of empty words and promises.” Even after becoming a demon and losing his memories of his human life, parts of Hakuji’s memories influenced Akaza’s decisions; he refuses to eat women, although he knows it would make him stronger. His hatred of weak and cowardly people stems from a corruption of his human memories, where a rival dojo poisoned his dojo’s well because they were never able to beat him.
Later, after remembering his entire past and all of his regrets as a human and a demon, Akaza began to openly hate himself and hate all of his flaws during his lifetime, where he never He wasn’t there to save or protect everyone he loved and cared about.
General Abilities : As the holder of the title of “Higher Rank Three”, Akaza possessed an enormous amount of power, having been able to defeat Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, as well as several former Hashira, according to him. Later he is able to fight and crush Tanjiroand Giyu, even when they were both Hashira-level swordsmen using their Demon Slayer Marks and when Tanjiro had access to the “Transparent World”. If Akaza hadn’t lost the will to keep fighting, he would definitely have killed them both. Further proof of his power is that he is able to become the top rank three title holder and the fourth strongest demon in the series without killing or eating any women, which would have significantly hindered his growth as a demon.
Extrasensory perception: Akaza possesses supernatural sensory abilities capable of perceiving things outside the normal field of perception. Her ability to extrasensory perception can manifest physically through the development of her technique, Destructive Death: Compass Needle. Besides being able to sense the auras of demons and humans, he can also determine an individual’s strength or weakness just by looking at them. In addition, Akaza can also sense what he calls “fighting spirit”, meaning a person’s will to fight as well as their murderous intentions. This greatly increases his skill in combat, allowing him to predict where and how his opponents will attack and where their weak spots are. His senses are so strong that they even shocked Giyu.
Immense Durability : As a higher ranked demon, Akaza’s body is phenomenally durable, as it houses an extremely high concentration of the blood of the Demon King, Muzan Kibutsuji. During his fight against Kyojuro Rengoku, the Hashira struggled to cut several parts of his body even with his katana and incredible physical strength, demonstrating Akaza’s immense resilience. Like all demons, Akaza’s neck is much tougher than the rest of his body, so much so that Kyojuro only managed to cut off two-thirds of his neck before the High Rank escaped, though. that Kyojuro was then severely injured.
Immense Speed and Reflexes : Akaza is extremely fast, as shown in his fight against Kyojuro, where he moves at lightning speed, so fast that even Tanjiro Kamado and Inosuke Hashibira couldn’t perceive his blinding movements, the latter even having noticed that he was in “another dimension”. This is further exemplified by the fact that he could move in bursts of speed so fast that he felt like he was teleporting, which he did frequently, managing to do so even for Tanjiro who can sense the future . Even Giyu Tomioka, one of the fastest Demon Slayers, was instantly matched by Akaza in terms of speed, despite having awakened the Demon Slayer Mark moments before.
immense strength: Akaza has a particularly phenomenal physical strength. His incredulous strength has been on display on multiple occasions, most notably during his punches or kicks, which are powerful enough to generate powerful shockwaves and shatter the ground. Akaza also easily snapped Giyu’s sword in half with a single sideways punch despite the latter swinging his blade downward. He also destroyed Upper Rank 2 Doma’s head and jaw with his arm, and even pierced Kyojuro’s solar plexus. Combined with his Blood Demon Art, his strength is further increased, allowing him to cause craters in the ground by simply punching it. When he was human, at the age of 11, he was capable of knocking out several adult men in a fight with nothing but his fists and legs. At the age of 18, even before he became a demon, he is easily able to decapitate, dismember and mutilate 67 armed adult kendo masters with his bare fists, to the point that even Muzan thinks he is a demon who performed these feats.
Immense Regeneration : Akaza possesses one of the most incredible regenerative abilities in the series due to the assimilation of a massive amount of Muzan Kibutsuji’s blood. He is able to instantly regenerate from light or severe injuries inflicted by Tanjiro and even lost limbs inflicted by Giyu and Kyojuro without much effort. During his fight against Giyu and Tanjiro, his regeneration further evolved as he did not die even after having his head cut off by a Nichirin blade and fending off a new one, a feat considered impossible for demons and which only Muzan, the Demon King, had accomplished before.
Indomitable Will : Akaza possesses an uncanny will and an unflappable spirit. Although he was decapitated by Tanjiro’s Nichirin Blade, he refused to disintegrate and die, instead forcing his headless body to keep fighting. He pushed his regeneration to evolve to the point where he could regrow his head, simply because he refused to let himself be lost. Even before becoming a demon, he relentlessly took the blows of opponents much larger than himself and received countless blows, all in an effort to heal his ailing father.
Tactical Intellect: Akaza is a genius among geniuses when it comes to unarmed and melee combat, especially those related to martial arts. He also displayed natural talent and aptitude in the martial arts, such as being able to beat skilled swordsmen and fighters from nearby dojos while still learning the martial arts. Keizo’s Soryū style. Even as a child, Akaza could fight based on pure instinct and tactical intuition and still win. This ability surprised even Giyu Tomioka, who said that Akaza can instantly evolve and adapt to any attack or technique he uses, to the point of being able to predict when his opponents are going to strike and how to counter them with a equal power.
Unlimited Stamina and Stamina : Akaza possesses absolute and infinite stamina and vitality, never tiring and always remaining in peak physical and mental condition, while being able to endure waves of onslaught as if it were nothing. In the Infinity Train Arc, Akaza’s hand was severed in half by Kyojuro Rengoku’s Second Form Flame Breath: Kyojuro Rengoku’s Rising Scorching Sun, yet he seemed completely nonchalant, even going as far as to complete his katana. It was the same when Kyojuro unleashed the Breath of Flame, Ninth Form: Rengoku, this time he was injured in the arm, head and upper torso. Akaza is also one of the only ones to resist Tanjiro ‘s headbutt.Kamado with no sign of pain afterwards. Before being turned into a demon, Akaza (Hakuji) displayed superhuman endurance at the age of 11 by enduring blows that could have numbed a grown man (100 blows), earning him the title of “demon child”.
Bloodthirsty Demon Art
A Destructive Death : Akaza’s Blood Demon Art takes the form of a martial arts style that combines shockwave techniques and his Soryu Style (素流そりゅう式しき Soryū Shiki?) that he mastered when he was human. The shockwaves appear to be the same shade of blue as his tattoos and can be fired at both close and long range. Destructive Death, similar to the Soryu style, is a style of martial arts that uses both the user’s arms and legs to unleash rapid, powerful strikes that aim for the opponent’s neck and weapon. This blood demon art, combined with his superhuman strength and speed, makes him a formidable opponent in both close and ranged combat.
Master in Unarmed Combat: Akaza’s most notable attribute as a human and as a demon is his extraordinary skill in unarmed combat and bare-knuckle martial arts. Even before transforming into a demon, Akaza displayed prodigious abilities and skills in unarmed combat, being able to annihilate several adult males at the age of 11 without any prior martial arts training, and annihilate 67 bare-knuckle adult kendo masters, brutally mutilating their bodies until they were mere clumps of mangled flesh by the age of 18. After becoming a demon, his unarmed combat prowess further increased to the point where he could fight at speeds faster than the eye can see while fully utilizing his bare knuckle martial arts skills for offense and defense . Additionally, when paired with his Blood Demon Art, his blows and strikes become even more powerful and deadly, making him unrivaled in unarmed combat.
- Soryu Style (素流そりゅう式しき Soryū Shiki?): A bare knuckle martial arts style taught to him by Keizo when he lived with him and cared for Koyuki. The Soryu style uses both the user’s arms and legs to unleash fast, powerful strikes that aim for the opponent’s neck and weapon. He used it to kill 67 kenjutsu masters with ease and it was the main inspiration for his Destructive Death style used when he became Akaza.
- Bell Splitter (鈴すず割わり Suzu Wari?): A technique presumably created or inspired by the Soryu style where Akaza strikes a sword to the side as it descends to break it with ease.
Akaza has a unique technique called Technique Development (術じゅつ式しき展てん開かい Jutsushiki Tenkai?). Akaza begins by initiating a posture unique to the Soryu style. Currently, there are 2 versions of this posture. The first is performed by bending the knees in a semi-squat position, extending your right arm with a half-clenched fist facing the body, and bending your left arm with an open palm. The second version is almost identical, except that he opens the palm of his right arm while clenching his fists fully into a downward bend of his left arm.
- Compass Needle (羅ら針しん Rashin?): Deployment below him of a light blue snowflake-shaped compass with numbers 1-12 that can detect and track opponents’ location and incoming attacks by sensing a person’s will to fight. This technique can also be used to improve the accuracy of his attacks, as shown by Tanjiro Kamado when Akaza always instinctively aims for his vital points as if his fists were magnets drawn to them. Akaza always has this technique activated when he engages in combat, making any other techniques he triggers extremely difficult to counter and dodge, while also making his techniques all the more deadly.
- Air Type (空くう式しき Kūshiki?): Akaza punches the empty air in front of him, creating a powerful shockwave from the pressure of his fists, then sends it flying towards his enemies. These airborne shockwaves can be created multiple times and have been noted to travel faster than the blink of an eye.
- Trouble (乱らん式しき Ranshiki?): Throwing a punch in front of him, Akaza creates a barrage of chaotic shockwaves from a distance capable of overwhelming the flame breath of Kyojuro Rengoku, Fifth Form: Flame Tiger.
- Annihilation Type (滅めっ式しき Messhiki?): One of Akaza’s most powerful techniques. Akaza lunges forward, striking with such force that he creates a shockwave that decimates the surroundings capable of passing through Kyojuro Rengoku’s most powerful technique: Flame Breath: Arcane Art, Ninth Form: Rengoku.
- Eight-Layer Demonic Core (鬼き芯しん八や重え芯しん Kishinya Eshin?): Akaza unleashes eight powerful punches, with each punch creating powerful shockwaves similar to his disorder technique.
- Leg Type (脚きやく式しき Kiyakushiki?): Techniques where Akaza uses his legs as his primary form of combat.
- Crown Splitter (冠かむろ先さき割わり Kamuro Saki Wari?): A reverse, upward ax kick that creates a powerful shockwave that passes through the opponent. Tanjiro Kamado noted that a light scratch from this attack caused him to bleed.
- Explosive Flurry (流りゆう閃せん群ぐん光こう Riyūsengunkō?): A flashing flurry of powerful right kicks, each creating a powerful shockwave capable of knocking even a Hashira a great distance and fast enough to escape his reflexes.
- Thousand-Wheeled Flying Planet (飛遊ひゆう星せい仟せん輪りん Hiyūsei Senrin?): Akaza kicks with both legs in a fluid motion from underneath his opponent slowly rising upwards.
- Crushing Type (砕さい式しき Saishiki?): Techniques that only involve brute force attacks that pulverize the enemy.
- Ten Thousand Leaves Flashing Willow (万まん葉よう閃せん柳やなぎ Manyōsen Yanagi?): A powerful downward punch that delivers a large shockwave into the ground that expands outward, causing a massive crater .
- Final Form : Blue Silver Chaotic Afterglow (終しゆう式しき 青あお銀ぎん乱らん残ざん光こう Shiyūshiki Aogin Ranzankō?): Akaza’s ultimate martial arts technique. Akaza creates an omnidirectional barrage of thin, razor-sharp shockwaves that appear out of nowhere from a flurry of punches. This attack is so overwhelming that it can completely nullify Giyu’s Eleventh Form of Water Breathing: Dead Calm.
Infinity Train Arc
- Kyojuro Rengoku vs Akaza
Infinity Castle Arc
- Tanjiro Kamado and Giyu Tomioka vs Akaza
- Akaza’s pseudonym contains the respective kanji for “lush growth” (猗 a?), “cave” (窩 ka?), and “sit, cushion” (座 za?).
- His name as a human contains the kanji for Komainu (狛) and “cure” (治 ji?).
- Akaza was the only demon of the Twelve Kizuki who refused to eat or kill women, and he was given special permission to do so.
- Akaza was one of Muzan’s favorites as he was loyal and serious.
- Akaza’s technique-developing ability takes the form of a snowflake, possibly due to the influence of his fiancée (Koyuki’s name contains the kanji for ‘snow’, and she wears three hairpins). snowflake hair).
- Many of Akaza’s attacks and techniques are named after fireworks, referring to the promise he made to Koyuki to see the fireworks.
- Akaza is the only deceased high-ranking member to have met the people he knew in life when he disappeared. Two members of the Twelve Kizuki were shown having this experience, the other being Rui.
- The Japanese actor from Akaza has the role of Gaara in Naruto: Shippūden.
- Akaza’s English voice actor has the role of Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Akaza ranked 17th in the second popularity poll with 1982 votes.
- (To Kyojuro Rengoku) “Let me tell you why you can’t enter the realm of the greatest. Because you are human. Because you are going to get old. Because you are going to die. Become a demon, Kyojuro. Do it, and you can train for a hundred, two hundred years. You can get stronger. »
- (“There’s never been any flames among all the Hashira I’ve killed so far. And no one has ever accepted my offer, either. Why do you think that’s the case? In As a fellow martial artist, I don’t understand. Not when only the chosen can become demons!… To witness the hideous decline of a person with extraordinary powers… it hurts me! I can’t bear it! Die, Kyojuro …as long as you are still young and strong.”
- (To Kyojuro Rengoku) “Even if you fight to the death, you can’t win, Kyojuro. Those awesome gashes you inflicted on me… are already completely healed. But what about you? A broken left eye, shattered ribs and damaged internal organs… it’s all beyond repair. If you were a demon, you would heal in the blink of an eye. They would only be scratches for a demon. You can fight all you want, but a human can never beat a demon. »
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “Beautiful moves. You trained so hard in such a short time. Let me congratulate you. But man, Kyojuro did an amazing job. You were nothing but a weakling lying on the floor that night. But my God! Look at you now! Your growth knocks my eyes out of my head. I feel pure happiness. My heart jumps. I’m glad Kyojuro died that night. He probably wouldn’t have been able to get any stronger than when I saw him. And he had a stupid view of the world while remaining human. »
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “You are mistaken, Tanjiro. I only despise the weak. I only spit on the weak. Yes. The weak make me sick. It is the law of nature that they are eliminated. »
- (To himself regarding Tanjiro Kamado) “I instinctively understood that I couldn’t accept this person. It gives me an unpleasant sensation that gets on my nerves, as if fingernails were scratching metal. The dissonance makes me vomit. I misunderstand something. At first I thought I was unhappy because he was weak. But it seems that this misfortune does not fade, even if it becomes stronger. Everything, her eyes, her voice, her words, seems to scratch my insides with a grater. »
- (To himself) “On the battlefield, you have to face all the unexpected situations, even if it’s the first time you encounter them, and find a way to deal with them. I can do it. Or I should be. But in the short time of this fight, I managed to get past my speed after figuring something out. Centuries of the finest martial arts, only to be beaten in direct confrontation. These eyes have no hatred or anger in them. There is no intent to kill or fight. The thing captured in his eyes is most likely the “Supreme Territory” I’ve always wanted. It must be the “State of Anatta”. I always had the feeling that this state existed, but I should have arrived there long ago. »
- (To himself) “Aren’t the poor even allowed to live? Father… To hell with this world! To hell with the last of them! Why can these rotten people live and my father must die? He was not a bother. What did he have to apologize for? My father did nothing wrong! I could bear the punishment. They could whip me savagely or break all my bones… but I could bear it, even for a hundred years, for my father’s sake! My father was losing weight rapidly. His ribs were starting to show through his back. I wanted to give him something more nutritious. I was sure I could cure him. Why did he hang himself? I would have been happy to die in his place, if it was for the good of my father. For my father ! !! »
- (towards Koyuki) “I will cure you for sure. I’ll help you. Protect. My life had no value, it was filled with empty promises. »
- (As far as he is concerned) “I became a demon, lost my memories and started looking for strength again. There was nothing I wanted to protect anymore. I didn’t even want to continue living in a world without my family. For over a hundred years, I have committed acts of needless carnage. It’s a horribly sad…laughable…and ridiculous story. »
- (To Koyuki) “Forgive me! Excuse me ! I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you! I’m sorry I wasn’t with you when you needed me! I couldn’t keep… a single promise! Excuse me ! Please forgive me ! »
- (To his family) “I’m home, father. I’m back. Master. Koyuki. I returned. »